Senior MEAL and Research Manager - Syrian Response Office
The overall responsibility of the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) and researcher manager is to provide strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the Syria Response Office’s work, with specific responsibility for strengthening and developing data management system, accountability systems, knowledge management and learning. The aim is to enhance the quality and accountability of SCI work and the work of SCI’s Partners, bringing immediate and lasting changes in the lives of children.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) and researcher manager oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of results and impact for the overall Syria Response.
Specifically, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) and researcher manager will ensure compliance with SCI’s existing accountability standards, will develop and implement processes for collecting, managing and institutionalizing program knowledge, and will lead on the development and implementation of the research agenda.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) and researcher manager will also manage an IM officer to ensure that there are data management and quality audit processes and systems in place in order to be analysed for the Whole of Syria response.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Significant experience in emergency response and fragile state contexts, including remote management humanitarian context
· Significant team management experience with an NGO or private company.
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience undertaking a MEAL & Research related role
· Minimum Masters’ degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
· Experience in child friendly data collection.
· Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging the findings
· Experience in conducting and coordinating assessments, evaluations, research data collection
· Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability.
· Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects.
· Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity.
· Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
· Ability to facilitate/conduct large technical trainings for staff.
· Ability to write clear and effective assessment and project reports.
· Very good knowledge and experience in development, set up and use of data and information management systems and tools
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· At least 3 years progressive experience with statistical packages, qualitative data analysis software and IT applications to support MEAL and knowledge management
· Demonstrable experience of leading mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative) research, confidence with research and fieldwork techniques and a range of analysis
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· A high level of written and spoken English.
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
· Language skills in Arabic.
· Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
· Experience in utilizing gender and disability sensitive indicators and measures
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of international terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 14 Jan 2020
Closing date: 28 Jan 2020 - 00:59 +03
Location: Amman, Jordan
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time